- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tbsp ancho chile powder
- ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- /2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 Grouper fillets
- 1 cup cooked rice, to serve
- red cabbage, shredded, about a handful.
- 1 cup frozen corn, (or fresh!)
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 4 salad onions, sliced
- 1 avocado, cut into small pieces
- 2 limes, quartered, to serve
- Sour cream, shredded cheese, cilantro
- If you are serving this over a bowl of rice you will want to cook the rice before you start cooking the fish so that it’s ready to serve at the same time.
- In a small bowl mix together all the spices.
- rub the spice mix over both sides of the fish fillets
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat until hot and add the oil, give it a minute to heat the oil.
- Add the fish to the skillet and cook for 3-4 mins per side on a medium heat until it’s cooked through, it will be blackened on the outside, but not burnt.
- add cooked rice to bowls and serve with the fish and vegetables and beans on top, if you like you can add sour cream and cheese too.