LOADED CHICKEN TACO CUPS
September 16, 2016
- 4 large corn tortillas
- 2 cups cooked shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup corn, drained
- ¼ cup black beans, drained
- ½ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 8 jalapeno slices
- Sour cream, salsa, cilantro, guacamole for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cut the corn tortillas into 8 circles, using a large cookie cutter or the top of a red wine glass. Place each circle into a sprayed muffin tin, pressing and folding the tortillas as you go. This will form “cups” with the tortillas.
- Bake the tortillas for 10 minutes.
- While the tortillas cook, heat the chicken, taco seasoning, corn, black beans and tomatoes with olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat until heated through and sizzling.
- Take tortillas out of the oven and fill each cup with the chicken mixture. Top with cheese and jalapenos. Continue baking for about 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are browned/crisp.
- Take out of oven and top with your choice of toppings. I used sour cream, cilantro, and avocado.