May 1, 2018
- 3 pieces of bacon
- 1 red potato, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Chipotle Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large eggs, for frying
- 1 ounce cotija cheese or queso blanco, crumbled, as topping
- 1/2 avocado, sliced, as topping
- 1 radish, thinly sliced, as topping
- Hot sauce, as topping
- Cilantro leaves, as topping
- In a medium skillet, set over medium heat, lay the pieces of bacon side by side. Cook on each side for about 3 to 5 minutes, and then flip when the bacon is golden brown. Remove and transfer to a bed of paper towels to drain. When cool enough to handle, dice up the bacon.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and then add the diced potatoes. Cook, stirring regularly, until mostly tender, about 5 minutes. Mix in the shallot, salt and chipotle red pepper flakes. Cook for an additional minute or two. Lastly mix in the garlic clove and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the potato is tender. Lastly, mix in the diced bacon. Cover the pan and set aside while you fry up the eggs.
- In a small skillet, fry up a few eggs. I like to fry mine up in a few tablespoons of olive oil so the bottom gets crispy. Do as you please! Also, scrambled eggs would also be amazing.
- Add a hefty spoonful of potato mixture to each tortilla. Top each one with a fried egg, sprinkling of cotija cheese, a few slices of avocado, radishes, dash of hot sauce and a few cilantro leaves.