- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- juice + zest of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup watermelon, diced
- 6-8 flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- quinoa or rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro and basil, chopped for serving
South of the Boarder Corn and Cotija Salsa
- 1/2 cup Cotijia cheese, crumbled (may sub feta cheese)
- 1 ear grilled corn, kernels removed
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded + diced
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- Add the shrimp to a bowl. Add the olive oil, juice + zest of 1 lemon, juice + zest of 1 lime, garlic, smoked paprika, chipotle chile powder, cumin and salt. Toss well and let the shrimp sit for 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. In a bowl, combine the cotija cheese, corn, jalapeno, basil, cilantro and lime juice. Toss to combine. Gently stir in the diced avocado. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high. Thread the shrimp on skewers if using an outdoor grill (or use a grilling basket). Once hot, grill the shrimp for 3-4 minutes per side or until light char marks appear. I like to brush some of the marinade left in the bowl over the shrimp when I first put the shrimp on. Once done cooking, remove the shrimp from the grill and if desired squeeze with a little lemon and lime juice. Sprinkle with basil + cilantro.
- To serve, spread a little quinoa or rice inside each warmed tortilla. Add the watermelon and shrimp. Top with salad and garnish with cilantro. Eat!