- 1 LB BONELESS CENTRE CUT PORK LOIN CUT INTO THIN STRIPS
- 1 SMALL SHALLOT, MINCED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 1 THAI CHILI, SLICED (OPTIONAL)
- 2 TEASPOONS FISH SAUCE
- 2 TEASPOONS SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS WATER
- 1/2 CUP CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
- 1/2 CUP DICED CUCUMBERS
- 1/2 CUP SLICED GREEN ONIONS
- JUICE OF 1 LIME
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1/4 CUP DICED ONION
- 1/4 CUP ROUGHLY CHOPPED CILANTRO
- TORTILLAS, AS NEEDED, WARMED
- LIME WEDGES
- In a bowl, mix together the sliced pork, shallot, garlic. sliced Thai chili, and fish sauce.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pineapple, cucumbers, green onions, and lime juice. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the diced onion and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
- Heat up a cast iron pan over medium-high heat and add a touch of oil to the pan. Cook the pork, moving in the pan occasionally, until it turns from pink until white, 1-2 minutes. Add the sugar and water, stir and cook until the sugar caramelizes and turns golden brown, another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Serve with warmed tortillas, the pineapple salsa, cilantro-onion mix and lime wedges. Enjoy!