- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges, keeping root intact
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds, coarsely crushed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed (for serving)
- 2 avocados, sliced (for serving)
- Charred Tomatillo Salsa Verde (for serving)
- Cilantro sprigs, sliced radishes, and lime wedges (for serving)
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Toss onion, garlic, chicken, cumin, oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Grill onion and chicken until cooked through and lightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Let chicken rest 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with tortillas, avocados, Charred Tomatillo Salsa Verde, cilantro, radishes, and lime wedges.