For chicken and marinade
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 can beer, I used Modelo
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil, for cooking chicken, only needed if not grilling
For taco casserole
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or Tex mex cheese, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 cup lettuce, chopped
- sour cream
- 1 avocados
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- juice from 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add all the ingredients for the marinade and whisk lightly. If you plan on grilling the chicken add the entire chicken breasts to the marinade, otherwise cut it into small pieces then add to marinade. Make sure that the chicken is fully submerged in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink and has started to brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Arrange tortillas in a 9×13 baking dish. You can also use taco shells or corn tortillas. Fill each tortilla generously with chicken. Sprinkle each taco evenly with cheese. Place baking dish in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until tortillas start to crisp up and cheese has melted. Remove from oven.
- While tacos are baking you can make the guacamole. Mash the avocado then add remaining guacamole ingredients and mix well.
- Top each taco with guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.