For the green herb salsa:
- 2 garlic cloves, skin left on
- 2 small jalapenos
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, leaves only
- 1 large bunch parsley, leaves only
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced small
- 1 medium haas avocado
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp water as needed
For the taco:
- 16 fresh scallops (about 1 lb)
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 8 corn tortillas
- Toast the garlic and jalapeños in a dry skillet until golden. Remove from heat, peel garlic and seed the peppers. Combine with olive oil, cilantro and parsley in a small blender with just enough water to blend. Place in a bowl and combine with diced cucumber and avocado.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a medium skillet over high heat, add 1/2 teaspoon oil and cook the scallops 4 at a time for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side, or until they become caramelized and the center is – do not overcook. Set aside and repeat with the others.
- To serve, heat the tortillas on a separate skillet about 30 to 60 seconds on each side, top each with 1/4 cup sauce and 2 scallops. Squeeze some fresh lime juice on top and eat right away.