THAI SALMON TACOS
November 28, 2016
- 1 to 1½ pounds salmon (or 4 medium/6-ounce salmon fillets)
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce (you can find this in the Asian section at most grocery stores)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- optional: ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage or cole slaw (without dressing)
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 8 taco-sized soft tortillas
- lime wedges
- Combine sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, and (optional) ginger in a bowl and whisk til smooth and well mixed. Reserve half of the sauce and set it aside.
- Add salmon fillets to the bowl with ½ of the sauce and toss to coat well. (If desired, you may marinate this for 30 minutes – overnight, but marinating is not necessary)
- Cook the salmon either on a nonstick skillet for 4-6 minutes on each side, or in the oven turned to broil for the same amount of time. Cook until fillets are pink and easily flake with a fork.
- Assemble tacos with cabbage (or cole slaw), mango slices, salmon, and top with remaining reserved sauce and drizzle with fresh lime juice. Serve immediately.