- 3 pounds beef short ribs or Korean Kalbi (about 11-12 pieces)
- 1/2 Romaine lettuce, thinly shredded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 18 small flour or corn tortilla
- 1-2 lemons, thinly sliced for garnishing
Marinade for Kalbi:
- 1 Asian pear
- 1/2 a white or yellow onion
- 1 1/4 cups soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup citrus soda
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gochugaru (Korean chili powder)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- Marinade the beef short ribs with the Marinade for at least 30 minutes, overnight is best.
- Prepare the ingredients for the Sauce and mix well. Refrigerate until use. Prepare the Romaine lettuce, red onion, tomato and cilantro in separate bowls.
- Wrap the tortilla in aluminum foil and warm them in the oven at the lowest setting for a few minutes. Toss the shredded Romaine lettuce with 1/2 of the sauce. Save the remaining sauce for the tacos.
- Grill the marinated beef short ribs, each side for 3-4 minutes. When all the ribs are done, cut the meat into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place the beef short-rib cubes on the tortilla. Add some seasoned lettuce. Top it with the diced red onion, tomato and cilantro. Drizzle some sauce on top, garnish with a sliced lemon and serve.