- 1 pound chorizo, removed from the casing (if needed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 medium yukon gold potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sour cream (or more for serving if you really love it)
- 1 lime, zest grated and juiced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
- a bunch of fresh cilantro, plus some chopped for topping.
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 8 eggs, fried (if serving 4 people)
- lime wedges for serving
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chorizo and cook until cooked through, about 5 to 6 minutes, breaking it apart with a spoon as you go. Remove the chorizo and place it on a paper towel to drain. Add the olive oil to the same skillet and throw in the potatoes, peppers, onions, salt and pepper. Stir to toss. Cook until the onions soften and the potatoes are tender, about 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally so the potatoes don’t stick to the bottom. Stir in the garlic and turn off the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lime zest and juice. Add a little sprinkle of salt and pepper too!
- At this point you can leave the chorizo out by itself or mix it in with the potatoes. Warm the tortillas. Add a bit of the potato and the chorizo mixture to the center of the tortilla. Throw some cilantro on top and drizzle with the sour cream. Place a slice or two of avocado on top then finish it off with the fried eggs. Top with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.