- 1 pound ground turkey (you can also use ground beef if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced small
- 1 15 oz kidney beans, drained
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper as needed
- tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese, minced onion and avocado for toppings
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the turkey meat. Once the meat is brown add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Reduce the heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Add the onion, jalapeno, drained kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and cumin. Stir all to combine. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Place a handful of tortilla chips in the bottom of your soup bowl and ladle some of the soup over the top of the chips. Next add the toppings of your choice.