June 5, 2018
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles (see note)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1-oz.) package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-oz.) carton ricotta cheese
- 4 cups (1 lb.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (24-oz.) jar chunky salsa
- Optional toppings: sour cream, green onions, diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink. Drain meat and add the taco seasoning. Stir until combined and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the egg and ricotta and stir until combined.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, start by layering 4 lasagna noodles on the bottom of the pan. Next, layer ⅓ of the ricotta, ⅓ of the beef mixture, ⅓ of the salsa, and ⅓ of the cheese. Repeat the layers 2 more times.
- Bake covered for 30-40 minutes or until the casserole has heated through and is bubbly. Let casserole stand 10 minutes before cutting. Top with sour cream, sliced green onions, and diced tomatoes if desired.