- 1 LB FIRM WHITE FISH, SUCH AS COD
- 2 TEASPOONS FISH SAUCE
- 2 TEASPOONS SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON FRESHLY GROUND PEPPER
- 1/4 TEASPOON GROUND TUMERIC
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 1 TEASPOON OIL
- 1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
- 1 TABLESPOON CHOPPED FRESH MINT
- 1 TABLESPOON SLICED GREEN ONIONS
- 1 TABLESPOON ROUGHLY CHOPPED FRESH DILL
- 1/2 CUP DICED TOMATOES
- JUICE OF 1/2 LIME
- SALT AND PEPPER, TO TASTE
- Cut the cod into 1 1/2 inch pieces and place in a bowl with the fish sauce, sugar, pepper, turmeric, garlic, and oil. Mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat up a non-stick pan over medium high heat. Add a touch of oil to the pan, and when hot, add the fish, being careful not to crowd. When the bottoms are browned and caramelized, about 2 minutes, flip and let cook for another 2 minutes or so, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and toss in a bowl with the chopped herbs, tomatoes, and lime juice. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on charred or warmed tortillas with extra herbs, pickles, lime wedges, and diced red onions, if desired.