Superfood Breakfast Tacos Recipe
September 25, 2018
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into ¼”-½” pieces
- 2.5 oz. Simple Truth® Power Greens (or spinach)
- 7 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp. chili powder, optional
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 can (14 oz.) Simple Truth® Black Beans
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the chopped sweet potato. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until sweet potato is crispy on the outside and cooked through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Add the greens and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add chili powder, salt and black pepper to taste.
- If making a scramble, crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk well. Pour evenly over the vegetables and allow them to sit for 2 minutes before flipping with a spatula. Allow eggs to sit another minute or two before flipping again. Continue cooking until eggs are cooked through.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the black beans in a small pot until hot, and fry your desired amount of eggs.
- Wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and put them in the oven at 350° F until they’re hot, about 7 minutes. You can also toast them in the oven under the broil setting for 1-2 minutes for crispier tortillas.
- Time to prepare your tacos! Remove the tortillas from the aluminum foil, and if desired, sprinkle them with cheese. Add black beans, veggies and fried egg on top. Serve with avocado and your favorite salsa or hot sauce. Enjoy your filling, nutritious breakfast!