spicy curry marinated shrimp:
- 30 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Roasted Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Hot Madras Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Cayenne Pepper
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
simple cucumber salsa:
- 1 1/2 cups diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Roasted Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 crunchy taco shells
- thinly sliced Serrano chiles
- cilantro sprigs
- Mexican crème or sour cream
- crumbled cotija cheese
- lime wedges
- Place shrimp into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine cumin, curry powder, ginger, cayenne, lime juice, honey, and 1/4 cup oil into another mixing bowl and whisk together. Pour over shrimp, season with salt and pepper and mix together until shrimp is fully coated. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- While shrimp marinates, combine all ingredients for simple cucumber salsa into a medium mixing bowl and toss together. Set aside.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Place shrimp onto grill or grill pan, season with salt and pepper and grill on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until just cooked through (be careful not to overcook shrimp or texture will be tough and rubbery). Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stuff shrimp into crunchy taco shells and top with the cucumber salsa, sliced chiles, fresh cilantro, crema, cotija, and a fresh squeeze of lime juice. Serve immediately.