- 2 tablespoons achiote paste
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 (8-ounce) snapper fillets
- 8 (6-ounce) flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- Avocado slices
- Habanero salsa, recipe follows
- 4 small redripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped habanero pepper
- Combine the achiote, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, cumin and salt. Rub the mixture on both sides of the fish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill, brush the fish with olive oil and grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium-well.
- Mix all ingredients together. Serve at room temperature.