- 5 cups water (or chicken broth)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 lbs. pork roast
- 2 tbs. fish sauce
- 2 tbs. red curry paste (can be found in any Asian food store)
- 1 tbs. chili paste
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbs. chinese 5 spice (can be found in any Asian food store)
- 1 heaping tbs. freshly grated ginger
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sriracha sauce
- In a crock pot, combine all of the wet ingredients for the pork marinade.
- Add in the pork and cook on Low for about 6-8 hours.
- Remove from crock pot once the meat is fork tender and easily shreds.
- Transfer the meat to a large bowl and, using two forks, shred into bite sized pieces.
- Heat a large pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add a small portion of the shredded pork (just enough to cover the pan but leaving enough room so it’s not crowded.). And add about 2 tbs. of soy sauce, 1 tbs. of rice wine vinegar and 1 tbs. brown sugar. And allow to cook/caramelize for about 5 minutes (don’t move around the meat during this time so you get a nice caramelization).
- Repeat with the remainder of the meat.