STEAK TACOS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
September 24, 2017
- 2 medium beef steaks
- 8 medium soft tortillas
- 1 avocado, chopped in small pieces
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, roughly chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1 cups packed fresh parsley leaves
- 4 medium garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup packed fresh oregano leaves (or 4 tsp dried oregano)
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water or lime juice
- Grill the steaks to your liking.
- While grilling steaks, make the chimichurri sauce. Place all sauce ingredients in a blender and pulse a few times until well combined. The sauce, if not used all, will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Slice steak into thin slices. I made 4 tacos from each steak, but it depends on the size of the steak.
- To assemble tacos, start with placing some steak on a tortilla then drizzle some chimichurri sauce over the steak. Finish by topping with avocados, tomatoes, lettuce and feta cheese. Sprinkle with some fresh lime juice.